Community Indicator Resources
National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership: http://www.urban.org/nnip/index.htm
The National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership (NNIP) is a collaborative effort by the Urban Institute and local partners to further the development and use of neighborhood-level information systems in local policymaking and community building. This website has guides, handbooks, examples of indicator sites, and information about NNIP partners.
Compendium of SD Indicator Initiatives: http://iisd1.iisd.ca/measure/compindex.asp
The site on the Compendium of Sustainable Development Indicator Initiatives and Publications provides an overview of initiatives on sustainable development indicators being carried out at the international, national and provincial/territorial/state levels.
Redefining Progress - The Community Indicators Project: http://www.redefiningprogress.org/projects/indicators/
A website to promote partnerships between community indicator projects. The website includes tools, resources, e-mail discussion group, and directory of indicator projects across the United States.
Hillsborough Today 2000: http://www.fccdr.usf.edu/upload/Projects/Hills2000/Hills2000.htm
The purpose of this document, like an earlier edition published in 1997, is to provide the citizens and stakeholders of Hillsborough County with a series of benchmarks that help to reveal our current state of affairs. The benchmarks presented in this document represent the best data available from quality assured sources and are divided into 7 major sections including: general demographics, children and families, health, economics, education, the environment, and public safety. In each of these sections, several different benchmarks were researched from multiple sources and are presented with charts, graphs, and tables to provide a user-friendly document to the public.
City & Neighborhood Indicator Projects Across the US
- Baltimore Neighborhood Indicators Alliance: http://www.bnia.org
- Denver - Piton Foundation: http://www.piton.org
- Jacksonville Indicators Projects: http://www.jcci.org/indic.htm
- Milwaukee Neighborhood Indicators: http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/ETI/reports/indypage.htm
- The Providence Plan: http://provplan.org/
- The Reinvestment Fund - Philadelphia: http://www.trfund.com/
- Sustainable Seattle: http://www.sustainableseattle.org/
- DC Agenda: http://www.dcagenda.org/nis/
Regional & State Indicator Projects Around the US
- Chattanooga/Hamilton County, TN: http://www.chattanooga.net/commbuild/index2.html
- King County, WA Benchmarks: http://www.metrokc.gov/budget/benchmrk/bench98/
- Martin County, FL - 2020 Vision for a Sustainable Martin County: http://www.martin.fl.us/GOVT/depts/gmd/sustain/#vis
- Minnesota Milestones: http://www.mnplan.state.mn.us/mm/index.html
- New Century Region Vital Signs, VA: http://www.newcentury.org/projects.html
- North Carolina Progress Board: http://www.ncpb.state.nc.us/
- Oregon Benchmarks: http://www.econ.state.or.us/opb/
- Portland-Multnomah, OR Progress Board: http://www.portlandonline.com/auditor/index.cfm?c=27347
- Quality of Life Index for the Grand Traverse Region, MI: http://qualityindex.nmc.edu/
- San Diego Quality of Life, CA: http://www.qolsandiego.net/
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA - Trends and Challenges: http://www.abag.ca.gov/planning/trends/trendsa.html
- Social Assets and Vulnerability Indicators for Central Indiana (SAVI): http://www.savi.org/
- St. Louis, MO - Social Indicators Database: http://www.stlouisunitedway.org/
- Truckee Meadows, NV - Quality of Life Indicators: http://www.quality-of-life.org/main.php?choice=indicators